Zanaan's Fashionable's

Come here to tell your tales and meet with others. (In-character talk only)
Zanaan
Veteran

Zanaan's Fashionable's

Postby Zanaan » Mon May 12, 2014 8:28 pm

Zanaan's Fashionable's

In a once poorly lit back alley of Branishor's Guild Avenue, a new shop has appeared, brightly proclaiming itself as Zanaan's Fashionable's, and much like the proprietor, the building is awash in several colors. The storefront itself is a bright yellow, the sign a shimmering blue back-lit with glowing stones, and the store a deep emerald green, upon which is fixed bells to announce the coming and going of customers.

In the main aisle of the business lies several decorative items of interest, from colored handkerchiefs, sashes and belts, to an assortment of shoes for every purpose. In fact almost every color imaginable is present on the accessories before you with the exception of black.

To the Eastern end of the store an area proudly marked as the 'Men's' department lies, carrying items such as bright suits in a variety of colors, long dress capes, a myriad of hats and even colored wigs for the true fashionista, ties and bows, brightly colored shirts both in solid colors and in floral patterns, and fine leather gloves.

Along the Western end of the store lies the more amusingly named 'Not Men's' section of the store, full of rainbow and solid colored gowns, platform and heeled shoes, boas, silken gloves, garish makeup, perfumes so fragrant they can be detected if sprayed clear in the men's section, and an unusual supply of decorative coin pouches for women.

To the Northern end of the store is the checkout counter, upon which lies several Pomander Balls, their fragrance filling the entire store, and behind the counter lies the shop keep, dressed very much in the fashion of the proprietor in a bright yellow suit, green boots, purple gloves, and a pirate like blue hat, the man happy to assist with purchases, and even happy to cut down those he deems less 'fashionable' than himself.

Along the North-Eastern wall, between the Men's section and the checkout counter are several suits marked at ridiculous prices, and baring even more ridiculous styles, from polka-dot to floral, positioned as such to conceal a door opened only by a Master Lockpick.

-------

Zanaan's Fashionable's Backroom

Unlike the garrish store behind the door, this area of the shop is dimly lit, and the items in the shop not defined by gender but by purpose.

Along the western wall lie several types of stealth based armor, including Sneaksuits, black leather masks, padded leather gloves, and black tabi boots.

On the northern side lies several weapons, from dueling rapiers, to married daggers for each hand, as well as a sign saying 'please pay in main shop' next to bright colored bags to conceal the items in.

To the western end lies a rounded table with a hanging chandelier over it that seems to illuminate the center of the table, but the light doesn't seem to reach all the way to the seats. The purpose of the table is clear, it can be used as a gathering place for the most veteran rogues to meet and discuss their craft to whatever end.
Last edited by Zanaan on Sat May 17, 2014 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Order Adjutant Viviyana raises her hands to receive the Blessing of Zanaan's Presence , "Oh, thank you."

Zanaan
Veteran

Re: Zanaan's Fashionable's

Postby Zanaan » Tue May 13, 2014 6:36 pm

Oh, totally forgot to mention, this is an interactive RP thread, but please don't mage use of the back room unless you have the proper access.
Order Adjutant Viviyana raises her hands to receive the Blessing of Zanaan's Presence , "Oh, thank you."

Nih Betodaru
Veteran

Postby Nih Betodaru » Tue May 13, 2014 7:08 pm

*Nih enters the small shop, shifting a hammer awkwardly from one shoulder to the other before finally dropping it on the ground and walking away from it, cursing. Slowly, with his hands tucked into his pockets, he makes his way around the small racks of clothing - his lips curled down into a deep frown.*

Prompting Character Development since 2013. :wink:

Zanaan
Veteran

Postby Zanaan » Tue May 13, 2014 8:01 pm

*The shop-keep looks up from a book he was reading with a bit of a bored look, evaluating the new arrival with a keen eye and says* Rust red married with a blue cape, not an... unacceptable choice. Though I cannot help but notice your lack of an appropriate hat. You will find a suitable green hat to complete your outfit in the Men's section, and you may wish to look at a yellow belt as well. *Eyes continue to scan the area and looks at the hammer* Oh, and please keep all possessions on your person, we cannot be held liable for any lost goods.

*Turns his attention back to his book then, returning to ignoring the customers present*

Nih Betodaru
Veteran

Postby Nih Betodaru » Wed May 14, 2014 6:08 am

*leaves the hammer laying on the ground, and removes his holy ring as he approaches the shop-keep. Lifting a slender fingered hand, he points to the book.*

What is that?

*His eyes remain fixed upon the man before him, as his lips curl back into a predatory smile.*

Zanaan
Veteran

Postby Zanaan » Wed May 14, 2014 5:10 pm

*Looks up at the cleric once more with a bit of an approving gaze before letting him see the binding of the book* The Annia Socrata journals. I may not be fond of their fashion over there, but seeing how someone views our culture from an outside perspective is fascinating.

emmyeralass
New Adventurer

Postby emmyeralass » Wed May 14, 2014 5:59 pm

*slips in quietly, making her way to the back room, looks over her shoulder at Nih, smirking* See, Cleric, seems ya chose tha wrong time ta try that /change/ out, eh?

*stops dead in her tracks, growling low in her throat, storms out*

Zanaan
Veteran

Postby Zanaan » Wed May 14, 2014 6:10 pm

*Looks over as the rogue storms out and says to the cleric amused* Some people just really have no sense of where they are welcome. *Moves over to the suits realigning them to conceal the door again* Oh... and she got dirt on one of these... lovely.

Nih Betodaru
Veteran

Postby Nih Betodaru » Wed May 14, 2014 6:57 pm

*Huffs a raspy laugh, moving away from the shop-keep and towards the exit. "Some know, they just don't care."

*Leans down, grabbing the end of the hammer, and slips out the makeshift shop.*

Viviyana
I talk WAY too much

Postby Viviyana » Fri May 16, 2014 8:23 am

**Viviyana peeks her head through the door before her body quickly follows - as if drawn by some invisible cord. She stops in the middle of the room, eyes wide in a face filled with delight. She spins slowly, mouth gaping a bit as she reaches to touch a bright green handkerchief. She stop herself, wipes her hands on her dress a few times, and runs her fingers lightly over the fabric. She seems to finally notice the shopkeeper and turns his way**

"Oh, can I try them on?" She breaths out, her eyes flickering sideways to a rainbow swirled gown. "Please."

Zanaan
Veteran

Postby Zanaan » Fri May 16, 2014 8:54 am

*The shopkeep waves idly at a makeshift dressing screen in the corner of the shop* You dirty it, you're buying. You rip it, you're buying. If the condition is in any way lessened in the process of 'trying it on' as you say, well I think you can guess.

Viviyana
I talk WAY too much

Postby Viviyana » Fri May 16, 2014 9:08 am

** Viviyana looks down at her hands, then lets her gaze drift down the rest of her garb - staring a moment at her blood splattered sandals. Clears her throat softly.**

"Erm...yes. I will be back shortly." She quickly scurries out the door.

Zanaan
Veteran

Postby Zanaan » Fri May 16, 2014 9:11 am

*Chuckles softly and turns a page in his book* I am sure you will be.

Viviyana
I talk WAY too much

Postby Viviyana » Fri May 16, 2014 9:47 am

**Viviyana bursts through the door, a surprisingly short time later, and comes to a stop. She blushes slightly and turns to softly close the door. Devoid of armor she pads softly towards the dresses, brushing her damp hair away from her eyes. She gazes from one dress to the next - finally chanting a little selection game as she nods her head from a bright green gown, to the rainbow gown, and back. She plucks the winning gown of many colors from the hook and almost skips to the dressing curtain. **

"Do you have a looking glass?" She calls from behind the curtain.

Zanaan
Veteran

Postby Zanaan » Fri May 16, 2014 9:56 am

Ah... not exactly... *The sound of metal scraping wood is heard as a well buffed shield slides from his position to behind the screen*

Viviyana
I talk WAY too much

Postby Viviyana » Fri May 16, 2014 10:23 am

** A small delighted giggle drifts out from behind the curtain. She wanders out holding the shield in front of her, gazing at herself as she walks. She twirls around - still watching herself.**

"How much is this one?" she asks peeking her head over the shield to look at the shopkeeper.

Zanaan
Veteran

Postby Zanaan » Fri May 16, 2014 5:53 pm

*The shopkeep taps his finger against his book in thought* Well normally 450 plat, but since you seem to enjoy it so much, and being that you are my first interested customer, I don't think that my boss would mind me letting it go for 225.

Cenny
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Cenny » Fri May 16, 2014 6:14 pm

**Cenny shuffles in slowly, one hand trailing along the wall just inside the door whilst the other rises to push back the hood of his cloak. Somewhat pointlessly, he slowly turns his head as though in observation of his surroundings - somewhat pointless due to the bandages covering his eyes. His brow furrows slightly and he tilts his head, inhaling deeply. The furrow of his brow deepens as he finally, softly, confesses, "I may be lost..."
Last edited by Cenny on Fri May 16, 2014 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zanaan
Veteran

Postby Zanaan » Fri May 16, 2014 6:35 pm

*Quietly slips from behind the counter and waves his hands in front of Cenny before saying* Mayhaps, for how can the blind truly know fashion. But that does not mean you aren't where you should be. Come let us spend your money... I mean get you some new clothes.

Cenny
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Cenny » Fri May 16, 2014 6:39 pm

**He raises a brow, falls back a step. "Fashion...new clothes...?" he echos, letting out a huffed laugh. Briefly, his lips twist down, as he mutters, "Not blind...yet." He shakes his head and straightens, head turned in the direction of the shopkeeper's voice as he finally offers a small, wry smile. "Very well. I'd say 'show me what you have', but I'll settle for an alternative means. What would you recommend, friend?"

Return to “Lord Cory's Social Hall”