Looking for a merchant(IC RP, all welcome, looking for Kade)

Come here to tell your tales and meet with others. (In-character talk only)
Xanthias
I talk WAY too much

Looking for a merchant(IC RP, all welcome, looking for Kade)

Postby Xanthias » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:28 pm

Xanthias stopped into Venteli's, his eyes taking in the patrons and nodding to a couple of familiar faces gathered round their tables and games. He nods in respect to the innkeep as he draws up to the bar.

"Ventelli, could you spread the word? I'm looking for a merchant that often frequents the markets here." The cleric watches a slim man leaning against the wall make his way out of the inn and into the streets. He reaches into a purse and pulls out a couple of platinum coins stamped with a sword upon one face and the profile of a woman in a crown upon the other. He places them on the bar and turns his attention back to Venteli "I'll have a mead. And something to eat, whatever's fresh." He sighs inwardly at having to order mead, but the innkeep only carried those foolish ale hats and Xanthias refused to wear such an absurd device.

aryana_moonsong
Experienced Adventurer

Re: Looking for a merchant(IC RP, all welcome, looking for K

Postby aryana_moonsong » Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:43 pm

*leans forward from the darkened corner she just happened to be sitting in. She had watched the man come in and could not help but over hear the conversation he had with Venteli, looking for a certain merchant that she had knowledge of. She reaches into her plat pouch and pulls out a silver coin, flipping it into the air and letting it fall upon the table, watching to see what side it ends up on. With a roguish grin, she scoops it up and puts it into a pocket, rapping her dagger on the table top to garner the attention of Xanthias*

"I know of you, though I do not think we have met, except perhaps in passing, Cleric. I know of the merchant you seek, though I have not seen him in a few days. I do know that if you wish to find him you should seek out one of the Hand, his brethren"

*Having said her piece she leans back against her chair, putting her feet up on the table and rolls a plat piece around her fingers*
*grins roguishly* Oh I just love being a rogue...dark corners, slipping through the shadows...*gets distracted suddenly by something bright and sparkly* and...SHINIES!!! *pounces on it and looks around* My...shiny...*pets the shiny*

Xanthias
I talk WAY too much

Postby Xanthias » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:27 am

He seats himself at her table, careful to keep his face lit by the lone lantern. He slips a single golden coin onto the table and smiles, though his helm obscures it. He takes in the features, or those he can, of the woman across from him.

"Tell me more of "The Hand" of which you speak? I've heard of them, I even know their leader. However, I do not see many of them around. If I wanted to contact one of their members, what would be the most...efficient...route?"

As the cleric draws back his hand a second coin has appeared with the first. Only a little trick to show the rogue he knew a few of their own tricks...

aryana_moonsong
Experienced Adventurer

Postby aryana_moonsong » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:25 am

*slips her hand across the table and the coin disappears. She taps her dagger slowly upon the table top, silent for several moments as she observes this cleric, perhaps measuring him. She leans forward, her red hair falling forward to obscure her face a bit, though he can see a roguish grin*

"Well, now, funny that you ask that, Cleric. I happen to know the Hand well, for my sister is a member of their entourage. Perhaps I can impart a message to her for you, though it may take a while."

*She resume her position at the table, crossing her legs at the ankles*
*grins roguishly* Oh I just love being a rogue...dark corners, slipping through the shadows...*gets distracted suddenly by something bright and sparkly* and...SHINIES!!! *pounces on it and looks around* My...shiny...*pets the shiny*

Xanthias
I talk WAY too much

Postby Xanthias » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:46 am

A curt nod follows a furrowed brow. "Very well. I do not know the name of this merchant, though I have seen him around. His demeanor is jovial, though I suspect that he is much more than what he appears." He taps the table with a gauntleted finger. "Especially if he is a member of The Nocturnal Hand."

He leans back, the rogue's grin not particularly unsettling him. "How long would such a message take? If I pay good coin then I expect good service." Though her side of the table is dark, his gear illuminates his small portion of table. His ring, in particular, pooling the light around his forearms and hands.

aryana_moonsong
Experienced Adventurer

Postby aryana_moonsong » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:28 am

*looks upon the cleric for a moment and grins, rolling a plat coin between her fingers* '

"It would take as long as it took. My sister is a busy woman, warrior that she is. *shrugs a bit* "It would depend upon the incentive I have to expedite such a..*takes a deep breathe* message"

*Grins wryly as she awaits his answer"

Xanthias
I talk WAY too much

Postby Xanthias » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:12 am

"Ten golden monarchs." He smiles as he addresses her. "Five more for each day less than four it takes to reach this merchant." He drums the fingers of his left hand upon the table. "Of course, I pay you nothing if word reaches him on its own." Xanthias chuckles and nods as Venteli motions that his food and drink are ready, the innkeep himself bringing it to the table.

"So you see, you can make a fistful of coin, or none."

Nih Betodaru
Veteran

Postby Nih Betodaru » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:18 am

Lord Nih Betodaru quietly steps inside the Inn, a quick glance to the cleric and his usual sharkish grin slips into an irritated frown. Shutting the door behind him, he rambles to Venteli and mutters a few words as he exchanges coin for mead. Waiting, he turns and leans against the serving counter, watching the man converse with someone in the shadows.
Last edited by Nih Betodaru on Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Prompting Character Development since 2013. :wink:

Kade Fallingstar
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Kade Fallingstar » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:43 pm

A loud voice rings across the square just outside the inn. The speaker's words are carried well enough that they can just be made out to those in the nearby area who focus their attention on them.

"Fireworks, ingots and more for sale! Come see my fine wares, step up, step up!"
When I take the time to cook someone a nice meal, all I ask for is a simple "Thank you".
Not all this "how did you get into my house" business.

Character ID# 190151

Kade Fallingstar
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Kade Fallingstar » Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:08 pm

The loud cries of the merchant's call fade as he moves away from the square to sell his wares elsewhere.
When I take the time to cook someone a nice meal, all I ask for is a simple "Thank you".

Character ID# 190151

Xanthias
I talk WAY too much

Postby Xanthias » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:51 am

Having heard the words of the merchant outside he stands blue eyes turning to take in Aryana. "Your doing?" Xanthias then lifts his helm and places it back upon his head. He quickly strides toward the door, tossing a handful of coins upon the table as he turns from it. "If so, there is your pay. If not, enjoy the free coin. I must catch him before he strays too far."

He spots a familiar figure at the bar and offers little more than a nod before trying to catch the merchant in the street. He steps out into the main street, voice already straining to be heard over the hawkers and shop-goers.

"MERCHANT!" He stops when several turn to face him. Inwardly he sighs and then gives in. "KADE!" His voice cuts across the crowd, but even then he is unsure as to whether it reached the ears of the other.

Kade Fallingstar
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Kade Fallingstar » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:01 am

Kade stops several times as he makes his way along the damp cobbled streets. The burden of a large canvas sack of wares weighs heavily on his aching shoulder. With a grunt of effort he shifts the sack to his other shoulder. After a split-marc's rest Kade takes in a deep breath of fresh ozone, he gazes north toward the ferry and begins anew his slow trudging walk toward it.

After just a few steps, his ears pick up on a noisy commotion back in the direction of the town square. His head turns to investigate the source, searching through the muddled crowd of merchants, travelers and staggering tavern patrons shuffling home after a day of drink. Off in the distance he vaguely makes out a figure calling out toward him, curious he turns fully and rests his burden upon the ground and waits.

Character ID# 190151

Xanthias
I talk WAY too much

Postby Xanthias » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:24 pm

Xanthias weaves his way through the market, careful of shopkeep and shopper alike. When applicable he offers an apology and continues in a mostly east-moving manner. His path, though meandering, inevitably leads him into yards of the mills.

Once there he takes a moment to settle his own pack and gear. He takes his time doing so, now that he's managed to catch up to Kade. After several moments of adjusting and maneuvering bits of armour and various items on his person he speaks, removing his helm as he starts.

"Good day." The cleric's tone is one of thinly veiled annoyance, the setting of the Gates still fairly fresh in his mind. "I was told that should one be looking for hard to procure items they were best off speaking with..." His ice blue eyes are nearly as cold as the colour suggests as he takes in the other man from head to toe. "...You."

Kade Fallingstar
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Kade Fallingstar » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:04 pm

Watches with interest as the figure weaves through the crowded streets. As he draws nearer, a look of recognition and surprise crosses his face before he forces both away.

As the distance closes he mumbles to himself "now, I wonder what he could want..."

Patiently, he continues to watch the clergyman with a bemused smile working at the corners of his mouth. His eyes following the cleric as he struggles with bits of armor, his pack, and helm. As the cleric begins speaking in agitated tones, the smile stretches wider into a fully lopsided grin before Kade finally responds in a mockingly sweet tone.

"Why, hello there! A good day to you too my fine sir!"

Kade listens as the cleric begins his request, a soft chuckle escapes him once as the request is made in full. Taking the briefest of moments to put on a straight face, he offers a serious nod to the cleric.

"Indeed! I am sometimes able to procure hard to find items!" Kade’s lips twitch as he fights a smirk “though if it’s a personality you seek…” lifts his hands up, fingers splayed in a gesture of helplessness “..I’m afraid you’re out of luck.” his lopsided smile returns.

Character ID# 190151

Xanthias
I talk WAY too much

Postby Xanthias » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:02 am

He couldn't help but shake his head before running a hand through snowy hair. The man was insufferable! How dare this...this...fool of a merchant address him this way. He nearly told him as much, going so far as to open his mouth and spit the following, as if it were a curse.

"Now listen..." Xanthias' anger was evident and though his mouth opened, poised to speak the next several words, no sound came out. He stamped a foot and then closed his mouth carefully, and quite evidently, regaining his composure.

"I...apologise for my...outburst." His bared teeth are anything but a grin, but he still played it off as one. "I'm looking for something rare that I hope you will either already have or might...find." he looks down at his shield, crowns embossed upon its front. "I was hoping we could come to a mutually beneficial agreement regarding a shard of crystal..." This last is stated grudgingly, the cleric obviously thinking he knows the true character of the merchant standing before him.

Kade Fallingstar
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Kade Fallingstar » Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:03 am

The smirk slowly slides away and his eyes light up over the opportunity before him. As the words grudgingly spill from the cleric, Kade waves off the apology with a hand and either does not notice the concealed snarl or chooses to ignore it.

"Ahhh, I see..." His eyes rove over the embossed shield as he contemplates the request. Slowly they find their way to meet those of Xanthias and a small lopsided grin begins to slide into place again

"Well, such an item will not be cheap." Kade allows his gaze to linger for a moment more then finally turns to pick up his large canvas sack. "I am afraid cleric, I do not have one available..."

Turns back to meet Xanthias' stare once more "...yet anyway. I will contact you once I have procured the item you seek." Kade's lips twist into his full lopsided smile "I do so hope price isn't a concern?" lifts an eyebrow quizzically.

Character ID# 190151

Return to “Lord Cory's Social Hall”