A few Poems by Izzy

Come here to tell your tales and meet with others. (In-character talk only)
Isabelle
New Adventurer

A few Poems by Izzy

Postby Isabelle » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:40 am

Ben and Cory

Ben with your avatar of gold please come back before we grow too old.
there is no reason why you left,no word no cry,im wondering why.
Maybe you're in some kind of trouble or buried under stacks of rubble.
Did Balthy take you to his tower and have you locked up bound by his power?.
You are our god and your strength remains and now Miranda holds the reins.
Ben we miss you,we worry and care. Did you get eaten by a warped bear?
We harness your fury and fight to the death,we fight for your name until our last breath.
Ben with your avatar of gold please come back before we grow too old.

Cory and your purple protection please come back and give us direction
We wander the lands and rid it of evil when Balthy comes he causes upheavel.
Did you die a death of which no one knows? or are you walking round in plain clothes?.
We use your protection i dont mean maybe we close our eyes and pray to you daily.
You are our god you defended us well but the town crier still rings his bell.
Cory we miss you,where did you go? now Miranda runs the show.
We hope to see you again one day,your statue still stands N'rolav way.
Cory and your purple protection please come back and give us direction.

Adin Thrasher
New Adventurer

Re: A few Poems by Izzy

Postby Adin Thrasher » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:20 am

*tsk tsk* It is ever so much a shame when a cleric loses their faith. Simply because Our Lords Ben and Cory have chosen not to manifest their presence to our base senses does not mean they no longer exist or have withdrawn their love and protection. I learned this much at my mother's knee to give glory and praise to their invisible love and care unless I wished to be blasted into oblivion for my transgressions.

Use your mind, my dear woman. Blessed with reason and logic, let not your emotions overwhelm your better intelligences. Our Lords Ben and Cory have entrusted our daily care and keeping to Our Lady Miranda's hands while they turn their unfathomable, infinite minds to other Godly matters. There was no wresting of power or angry words. I seem to recall words of joy from the blessed mouth of Ben about Miranda's ascension. Recorded here, somewhere, on our poor notice board.
Who are we to question that trust exchanged among Gods? Who are we to question to will and wisdom of Our Gods in this matter?

This is all beyond our scope and understanding with our feeble, mortal minds.

Your words lack reason. For Ben or Cory, to be injured or dead as you allude to in your poem, makes no sense, my good woman. They are Our Gods. What ills, or destruction, could possibly befall them that we would not feel the repercussions of in our beings or in the land around us? To also believe, in your heart, that Our Lady Miranda would withhold such knowledge if something so fantastical were to happen?

Mother always said I should have donned the robes. *sighs*

Kisses,

Adin Thrasher

Isabelle
New Adventurer

Postby Isabelle » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:50 pm

Thanks for your input..

Brisingr Blaze
Social Leech

Postby Brisingr Blaze » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:28 pm

Nicely wrote Izzy, even though we are all Glad to have Miranda in the lead. . .It's okay to miss the interactions with the Gods of old. A cleric of faith her simple wonderings is what I see when I read that. A cleric who misses those she served, and prayed too. Now to don the Robes of Miranda.

sashtan
Experienced Adventurer

Postby sashtan » Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:16 pm

Well said Bris
Although I would go further in saying that Adin you require a tsk tsk yourself for either not reading it properly, misinterpreting it or just being over critical.
This poem is in praise of Ben and Cory as the title clearly indicates. In no way does it say she has lost faith, in fact she states that she prays daily to them both.
She does not say they have withdrawn their love and protection , she simply says that they no longer manifest as often as they used to.
There is no questioning of the ascension of Miranda that I can see. Twice she says that Miranda is now the primary god and in fact wears the robes of Miranda.
As for the death of Ben and Cory that appears to me to be poetic licence, to give the poem some substance. I'm sure that as a cleric she is well aware that the gods are indestructible
And your last sentence stating that she believes "in her heart" that Miranda would withhold such information is totally fallacious, she at no point even alludes that Miranda or any of the gods would do such a thing.

With respect

Adin Thrasher
New Adventurer

Postby Adin Thrasher » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:18 pm

*chuckles* Please, your pretentiousness! Do continue, I find it so very amusing.

I have no doubt of her faith in Cory and Ben's glory. It is painfully obvious that it is in Miranda with whom she has lost faith.

Do re-read her poetry with eyes of objectivity.
No, I shall do you one better. I shall translate the poem to you using small words.

Ben, come back before it's too late.
I don't know why you left without notice.
Maybe something horrible happened to you.
I hope Balthazar did not kidnap you.
You are our god. But Miranda's in charge of everything now.
We fight for your cause.
Ben, come back before it's too late.

Cory, come back and guide us.
We fight Balthazar still.
Are you dead? Are you in disguise?
We pray for your protection daily.
You did protect us but bad things are still happening.
Where are you? Miranda's in charge of everything now.
Hope you'll come back.
Cory, come back and guide us.

It is a lament, a plea, to Cory and Ben to come back and save us from the machinations and rule of Miranda. That Miranda is not doing a good enough job to protect us from Evil. Else why plea for them to come back? Else why mention Miranda at all? It is obvious the dear woman is displeased with the fact that Miranda is in charge.
She knows what she wrote. And so do you. Your attempts to defend her are quite ludicrous.
Considering how she had this poem in her journal for a good number of days before she placed it here.
Obviously, she felt strongly enough about her opinion to repeat it here where more people could see it.
And to sing the woman's praise of how well done her poetry is, after so many days passed with no comment about it, and only to do so once a critic comes frolicking past?
I would believe you liked her poem, either of you two gentlemen, if you had said so before any criticism surfaced. But no... not one person said a thing until I did.
Therefore, do continue your attempts to defend the poem. It's transparent you are only defending the woman.

Kisses,
Adin Thrasher

sashtan
Experienced Adventurer

Postby sashtan » Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:19 am

I could answer you Adin but I do not wish to turn this thread into an arguement. I am sure that admin would not appreciate it.

Adin Thrasher
New Adventurer

Postby Adin Thrasher » Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:54 am

COMPLETELY OUT OF CHARACTER RESPONSE:

Sashtan, Isabelle, Brisingr - this section of the forums is called Lord Cory's Social Hall. It's description is as follows - "Come here to tell your tales and meet with others. (In-character talk only)"

Therefore, anything posted here is IN CHARACTER.

Myself, the player, is not responding to Isabelle's poem. If I was, I would say so, but as the description says, In Character Talk Only.
My character, Adin, is the one responding.

Isabelle, if you meant for this to be posted as an OOC poem and wanted OOC critiques, this was the absolutely wrong section to post it in. Tales of Adventure would have been the better place. Since this was posted in your journal on DGPlayers, where the rules are also journal entries have to be In Character, I thought you were aware of that and that any responses you were to get here would be in-character.

Please, take a moment and realize that this is not personal, nothing to do with the real world in any sense. Please review the difference and definition of IC and OOC. I apologize if anyone's feelings were hurt for thinking I was being so harsh and critical for real. I am not. This section of the forum is for roleplaying.
When roleplaying, we do not have to agree or even like each other. Because it is the characters doing it.

Sashtan, if your CHARACTER wants to reply to Adin then please do so. That's the point of a in-character section of the forums.

sashtan
Experienced Adventurer

Postby sashtan » Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:59 am

OOC reponse:

that was ic maybe i should have said the gods.

Isabelle
New Adventurer

Postby Isabelle » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:46 am

Adin, when i started out as a cleric i followed Ben and wore his robes, i spent alot of time wandering Valorn and saw Ben and Cory sometimes daily and i miss them. Why should i not want them to come back?. I have no problem with Miranda,shes doing a great job. I walk the lands now and explain to new adventurers..to my sponsee's who Ben and Cory are,why we wear their robes and why their blessings mean so much.Considering we dont even know each other i feel you have judged me wrongly and i apologise if my 'words' arnt big enough for you. I came here to share my poems and thoughts but instead i get attacked. I have asked for this thread to be locked and i will be keeping the rest of my poems in my guild forums from now on.

Miranda of Admin
'Rifterian

Postby Miranda of Admin » Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:19 pm

I see no reason to lock this thread or delete it - I read the poem, and decided that while it *could* be construed as a veiled attack on me, I would give it the benefit of the doubt. Frankly, even if it were an attempt to lament the fact that I am 'running the show' it wouldn't really bother me too much. The grass is always greener, and all that - I've been admin here for 4.5 years and a player for longer than that, I'm sure if I ever ascend to the next plane of Sunrifter I will be missed greatly too. ;-)

Izzy has stated that this was not the case, and that should be the end of it. However, Adin is perfectly correct that this is a forum for RP, and he is entitled - expected even - to respond in character. I don't think any response by Adin was a personal attack, either in character or out, but hopefully Adin will also recognize when to stop. Once a critic, always a critic, I suppose.

Izzy, I don't think you should stop posting your poetry, we always welcome it when people share their creative efforts. In fact it makes me inordinately proud that people care enough about the game to go away and put something of themselves into it. Bear in mind that when you DO post poetry you should always be prepared for the fact that you might receive some kind of critique. You can disregard it, welcome it, use it to improve if you feel it is appropriate, but try not to be upset by it.

Perhaps the guidelines for this forum and 'Tales of Adventure' need to be altered a little and made more explicit. Thank you all for bringing that to my attention. Now simmer down, mortals, before you find yourselves on the receiving end of some scarlet sparks.

M. =)

Lavender
Social Leech

Postby Lavender » Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:26 am

Beautiful poem Izzy! I for one hope you keep posting them!
Lavender
Kindness is more important than wisdom, and the recognition of this
is the beginning of wisdom. –Theodore Issac Rubin.
It takes courage to be kind. - Maya Angelou.

markydennis
New Adventurer

Postby markydennis » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:14 am

I agree, dont stop the creative writing! :)

Red
Red: Char no. 183386

Return to “Lord Cory's Social Hall”