Duberry`s Left Hand Dagger effect not showing in chat.

Place bug reports here. Be as detailed as possible so we can try to reproduce the errors.
Korba
Veteran

Duberry`s Left Hand Dagger effect not showing in chat.

Postby Korba » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:36 am

I have just attended a raid and attempted to weaken the enemies using my dagger, however despite the number of charges reducing each time I click use no chat or combat message appears.

The raid was Zombies in Caernivale.

Korba

Blythe
I talk WAY too much

Re: Duberry`s Left Hand Dagger effect not showing in chat.

Postby Blythe » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:43 pm

Korba, I think it is just *you* that is buggy!
:-P
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D
Raffe Rychmin

10x2

Dabria
Social Leech

Postby Dabria » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:34 pm

Korba wrote:I have just attended a raid and attempted to weaken the enemies using my dagger, however despite the number of charges reducing each time I click use no chat or combat message appears.

Korba

I thought it was just me. This happened on the gorge in Altitan as well for me, yet my UW had the desired effect. I did step out of the area, and then back in before using each time. I even waited fro the other person to strike before using it, in case this was the problem. The raid was the gorge at Altitan.

I think it may potentially be of note that the dagger was working as usual in Branishor not ten minutes earlier.
"Stabbing someone is no longer considered rude. Rather, it is now an acceptable method in which to end a conversation."
~Richard~

Quasha wrote:I'd pretend shock, but it's Dabria the Inappropriate.

Brisingr Blaze
Social Leech

Postby Brisingr Blaze » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:38 am

Mine isn't working eiither. Count on dagger is going down but no emote.

Dabria
Social Leech

Postby Dabria » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:34 am

Not sure if this is worth mentioning, but my dagger worked as intended when I took Dabria for her Demon's blood at around 20:30EST/00:30GMT last night (or this morning, depending how you look at it). The emote was showing on screen as well as the effect count decreasing.

Perhaps it was just a glitch given the hive of activity in game when it happened to Korba and I (although I have no idea how that explains the issues with Bris' as no one, apart from a character I know is not his, was on from RoK at that time)?
"Stabbing someone is no longer considered rude. Rather, it is now an acceptable method in which to end a conversation."
~Richard~

Brisingr Blaze
Social Leech

Postby Brisingr Blaze » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:04 am

I was on my rogue Roseden at the time it was during the Demon spiders raid.

*Edit 3:07AM CST used a dagger charge against a Rat Weanling and it worked fine emote and all. Perhaps a change in raids?

Korba have you tried using it outside of a raid?

Thorne
Veteran

Postby Thorne » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:59 pm

I'd been noticing the same thing, when being used against opponents that I can not normally damage. But, I'd been gone for so long I couldn't remember if that was the norm or not.

-Th

Korba wrote:I have just attended a raid and attempted to weaken the enemies using my dagger, however despite the number of charges reducing each time I click use no chat or combat message appears.

Korba

"I should have been a pair of ragged claws; Scuttling across the floors of silent seas." - Eliot

Dabria
Social Leech

Postby Dabria » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:16 pm

Brisingr Blaze wrote:I was on my rogue Roseden at the time it was during the Demon spiders raid.

*Edit 3:07AM CST used a dagger charge against a Rat Weanling and it worked fine emote and all. Perhaps a change in raids?

Korba have you tried using it outside of a raid?

That was my thinking, Bris, that it was a "raid only" issue, somehow.
~Richard~

aryana_moonsong
Experienced Adventurer

Postby aryana_moonsong » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:22 pm

I was on training yesterday and today with my rogue, Aryana Moonsong training out in Verthedge Forest. I have a Fine Assassins Left Dagger and when ever I have tried using it against the creatures there, most notably the Brown Crystal Guardians, the charges have dropped (ex.from 25 down to 24 down to 23) but no emote shows up at all saying that I used it. It is a slightly older dagger so I am not sure if that is the issue.
*grins roguishly* Oh I just love being a rogue...dark corners, slipping through the shadows...*gets distracted suddenly by something bright and sparkly* and...SHINIES!!! *pounces on it and looks around* My...shiny...*pets the shiny*

Dabria
Social Leech

Postby Dabria » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:59 pm

aryana_moonsong wrote:I was on training yesterday and today with my rogue, Aryana Moonsong training out in Verthedge Forest. I have a Fine Assassins Left Dagger and when ever I have tried using it against the creatures there, most notably the Brown Crystal Guardians, the charges have dropped (ex.from 25 down to 24 down to 23) but no emote shows up at all saying that I used it. It is a slightly older dagger so I am not sure if that is the issue.

I do not think that the age of the dagger has anything to do with it, as Dabria was using "new" daggers (I assume you are speaking in terms of "item number") when I noticed the issue.
~Richard~

Isoyami
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Isoyami » Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:49 am

As of today, 7PM PST on April 18th, when Isoyami is hunting and uses his duberry dagger, the message shows up properly and the charges go down.
Awai Isoyami - 61003
"I fear no demon, for Ben is my Strength. I fear not death, for Cory is my Shield."

Ureyblacksmith
New Adventurer

Postby Ureyblacksmith » Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:17 am

Just to note that afew of us attended a raid in Dundee and used our duberry daggers on critters that we could not fight and are still not having any acknowledgement of it being used!?

Isoyami
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Isoyami » Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:40 pm

Ureyblacksmith wrote:Just to note that afew of us attended a raid in Dundee and used our duberry daggers on critters that we could not fight and are still not having any acknowledgement of it being used!?

Seconded, Urey.

I was wrong in my previous posting.

Against regular monsters Iso can fight or farm the lashing out message for his Duberry dagger works.

In fighting lower level raid monsters that he cannot fight, I hit the use button, a charge is subtracted, but no message appears in the chat window.

Like for the demon scout who appeared in the throneroom. Enchanter staff blasts and the warrior lore appeared in chat, but when I tried to use Iso's dagger, no message appeared. So Iso emoted pointing his dagger towards the scout with the blade dripping venom.
Awai Isoyami - 61003
"I fear no demon, for Ben is my Strength. I fear not death, for Cory is my Shield."

Zeric of Admin
'Rifterian

Postby Zeric of Admin » Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:58 pm

I have investigated this bug and can tell you that when this is happening, you are not actually doing anything at all to the monsters but your charges are still going down - Basically, not only does the text not fire, the poison effect doesn't either. This happens when you try to use it on a creature which is too weak for you.

You may want to avoid using your dagger on enemies you cannot fight until this is resolved. You should still be able to use your dagger against enemies which you are able to fight - If not, post here again with more details.

- Z

Zeric of Admin
'Rifterian

Postby Zeric of Admin » Sun May 04, 2014 12:52 pm

Some changes have been made to the dagger, and I'm not looking for further reports of this - Any discrepancy between numbers of charges and the chat effect showing from now on, post them in here please.

- Z

Return to “Bug Reports”