UW reforge with mod scrolls

Place bug reports here. Be as detailed as possible so we can try to reproduce the errors.
Kade Fallingstar
Experienced Adventurer

UW reforge with mod scrolls

Postby Kade Fallingstar » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:37 pm

Today I reforged my UW of War which had two mod scrolls on it, one for light and one for weight. While the weight mod held through the reforge, the light did not. In the past I have never had an Ultimate Weapon wipe out any of the modifier scrolls during reforging (and I have modified all three a number of times and reforged each at least once after). Has anyone else encountered this problem recently? Also, if this is a bug and not some revamp on the current system, can I please get an Admin to add the light back onto my UW of War?
When I take the time to cook someone a nice meal, all I ask for is a simple "Thank you".
Not all this "how did you get into my house" business.

Character ID# 190151

Brisingr Blaze
Social Leech

Re: UW reforge with mod scrolls

Postby Brisingr Blaze » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:58 pm

Kade Fallingstar wrote:Today I reforged my UW of War which had two mod scrolls on it, one for light and one for weight. While the weight mod held through the reforge, the light did not. In the past I have never had an Ultimate Weapon wipe out any of the modifier scrolls during reforging (and I have modified all three a number of times and reforged each at least once after). Has anyone else encountered this problem recently? Also, if this is a bug and not some revamp on the current system, can I please get an Admin to add the light back onto my UW of War?

Same thing happened to me a good while back when I still had my UW of Salvation. It was modded with a light and when I reforged it, it wiped it. I just figured that is how it was, and to reforge at ones own risk. Though as you've said it doesn't wipe the weightless mod as my UW of Light is that way. Reforged several times.

Doyle
Social Leech

Postby Doyle » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:45 am

I was under the impression that the only mod that persisted was weightless as the act of forging the weapon grants a certain pre-set stat line based on type and doesn't take prior alterations into account.

Kade Fallingstar
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Kade Fallingstar » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:37 pm

Doyle wrote:I was under the impression that the only mod that persisted was weightless as the act of forging the weapon grants a certain pre-set stat line based on type and doesn't take prior alterations into account.

It could be that Doyle, I know other mods applied in the past have held on my other UW's and certainly the weight held on this one during the recent reforge *shrugs* just not sure. Thought I'd report it and if it isn't a bug, then it's certainly a heads up to anyone looking to mod theirs.
When I take the time to cook someone a nice meal, all I ask for is a simple "Thank you".
Not all this "how did you get into my house" business.

Character ID# 190151

Morvan
New Adventurer

Postby Morvan » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:22 pm

I had been considering modding mine, but was afraid to, not knowing what effect reforging would have on the mod. I can say it is definitely a heads up, something to know, and a post to watch.
Morvan: 180782
Burendi Endsul: 192391

Return to “Bug Reports”