Through a Dark Portal into N'rolav to see the vile Balthazar

Post here with tales of your in-game adventures, as well as any special events, quests, or invasions.
dasnowman82

Through a Dark Portal into N'rolav to see the vile Balthazar

Postby dasnowman82 » Sun May 09, 2004 10:21 am

We have heard of many stories of adventures kidnapped by this vile being and beset by a great maze for his enjoyment. We have heard of still others lured in his portals for his pleasure. But to this day, none has actually entered his realm and returned to tell the tale.

This night I have returned from what can only be described as N'rolav, the Dark Valorn. It is a twisted place, a perversion of our beautiful lands. But I get ahead of myself...let me start at the begining of my tale.

The night was young, only on the hour of 20 Marcs. I, Jorg, a young adventurer, was training hard well into the night to reach the eighth level of my training. I had only the day before completed a mission for the great Arch-Mage of Valorn in which he gave me high praises for my over zealousness. I was just returning after praying at the shrine in the town of Dundee (which I call my home), when I happened upon a dark portal in the training grounds.

Curiosity took me and I approached the portal. Seeing no one around, I ventured closer...and suddenly found myself in the dark forest just outside of Milltown!! But this was not the forest I have come to know. This place was truly evil. I explored a ways in to the forest, trying to return to Dundee. I was beset by a possesed wolf, who eyed me malevolantly and blocked my passage. I realized I could not combat him and retreated. I went to Milltown and found the city destroyed! No living thing roamed the streets and I could not even see the mills. I tried to find my friends but could see them no where...so I went back to the center of Milltown to try to re-enter the forest.

Suddenly, I was in the presense of the Dark Lord Balthazar himself! I demanded to know what he wanted and to be returned immediatly to my home. Balthazar seemed shocked to see me in this place and said "How dare you enter my realm!" He spoutted out that "His claws would be covered in blood and that all of Valorn would tremble." Before I could bring my weapon to bear upon this great evil, the coward threw one of his foul beasts at me. I fought hard against this foe but was no match for it. I felt myself transported back to Dundee and found myself exhilerated and alive on the floor of the inn.

I fear that a great power is rising up in our land. This journey points to one thing...the Dark Lord is nearing the completion of his realm. He is gathering all evil to him in one last bid to cover all of Valorn in his darkness! Those who wish to fight him must unite and stand together or we will fall. Now is the time to prepare for the war has already started! The lines have been drawn and the sides are forming. I call for all those who believe to join me in the fight! We are just and righteous. Fear does not touch us...even in the presense of such awful power, I didn't not yield. We will fight and we may die. But we will prevail!!!

Good journeys to you all
Jorg

Magestorm Allgoode
Experienced Adventurer

Postby Magestorm Allgoode » Mon May 10, 2004 7:54 am

I can also vouch for seeing the shadow realm myself. Also, I have seen Old Ryndall, and I heart sank at the vile destruction and the way Ryndall has been twisted by Balthazar's minions. Demons abound in Old Ryndall, as does a shimmering gateway to the Shadow realm.

I stepped thru the gateway, and found myself in the endless desert. I headded to Milltown for an ale, as the desert ALWAYS makes me thirsty. I went into town, and found only ruins. All I found in Milltown were ruins and a skeleton laying on the ground. The desert and Dark Forest were full of demonic, super strong beasts and zombies. I teleported back to our realm, and shudder to know someday I will need to return to this land of desolation, to rid Valorn of the evil plague that has befallen our land!
Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn.
Never hold a belching contest with a dragon.

ELdrin

Postby ELdrin » Mon May 10, 2004 4:05 pm

I am in N'rolav right now.

I have decided to do intense missile training there.

Magnus Gallant
Adventurer

Postby Magnus Gallant » Tue May 11, 2004 12:30 am

I too have experienced the horrors of Balthazar's dark land.
Oh, by the way, Limecat is not pleased. Kthxbai.

Characters------------------------
Magnus Gallant - Level 20 Warrior

Return to “Tales of Adventure”